PASSENGER COVERAGE (THE SERVICE)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to the digital insurance subscription service (the Service) provided by Flair Technologies Limited under the brand name Bimafy and its associated web-based insurance claims portal Bimafy.com to the customers and/or platform users of bdtickets.com (“BDTickets”). Your access to and use of the Service and any technology infrastructure or any part thereof related to the Service are governed by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). Please read these Terms carefully before using the Service.
Flair Technologies Limited (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) shall also be referred to as Bimafy or bimafy.com for the purpose of this Terms and any future references as made available for the customers/platform users of BDTickets. By accessing or using our Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms and to use our Service in accordance with the terms and conditions herein stipulated. These Terms, together with the Privacy Statement (included below) constitute the entire agreement between you and Flair Technologies Limited regarding our Service. If you are entering into these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use the Service.
If we need to change these Terms, we will post the revised Terms through our Service and update the “Last Revised” date to reflect the date of the changes either by SMS, email, by posting a notice on the website, or by any other means of written communication. You are responsible for being aware of any changes made to these Terms. By continuing to use our Service after we post such changes, you agree to the Terms, as modified.
This digital insurance subscription service (the Service) facilitates the registration/enrollment of eligible BDTickets customers and/or platform users and their designated persons under a group life insurance policy managed with a listed life insurance company in Bangladesh. The Service also provides an online platform to the registered/enrolled customers and/or platform users of BDTickets (the Insured Members) to submit insurance claims digitally. Upon the occurrence of an event covered under the group life insurance policy in relation to an Insured Member shall entitle the insurance coverage benefits to the Insured Member or the legal nominee (in applicable cases).
The group life insurance policy provides coverage against Accidental Death, Accidental Hospitalization (including day-care treatment), and COVID-19 to the Insured Members who have been registered/enrolled under the group life insurance policy through this Service with certain provisions, limitations, and exclusions as mentioned under the Insurance Policy Details section below.
INSURANCE COVERAGE PROVIDER
The insurance risk is underwritten by a listed life insurance company (Pragati Life Insurance Company Limited – the “Insurance Partner”) under a group life insurance policy. Insurance coverage and related benefits are provided by the Insurance Partner and any insurance claim payments relating to the coverage are subject to verification and assessment by the Insurance Partner.
BDT. 10 (taka ten only) per Insured Member Per Subscription.
PAYMENT OF SUBSCRIPTION FEE
Subscription fees must be paid on a real-time basis, through BDTickets (direct/ mobile app/ website) during the checkout of travel booking. Customers and/or platform users of BDTickets must provide all the necessary information regarding the Insured Member (i.e., Full Name, Date of Birth, Phone Number, etc.) and bus/air/launch journey details (i.e., bus/air/launch journey date and time, departure and arrival location and time, etc.) in order to ensure proper insurance enrollment and claim settlement.
CLAIM SUBMISSION PROCESS
Insurance claims can be submitted using the dedicated online claim platform as provided by Flair Technologies by providing necessary information and by attaching/uploading relevant claim documents (scanned images/clear photographs of the medical and other relevant documents). A list of required documents for particular insurance coverages is provided in the Insurance Policy Details section. Hyperlink for the online claim platform is as per the following: https://Bimafy/claims/bdtickets
The following conditions must be met in order to submit an insurance claim:
- Insurance claims must be submitted with all required documents within 30 (thirty) days of the covered event using the claims platform provided by Flair Technologies.
INSURANCE POLICY DETAILS
“Insured Member” means the person(s) who has been registered or enrolled under the group life insurance policy through this Service.
“Accident” means a sudden, unforeseen and involuntary event caused by external, visible, and violent means.
“Accidental Injury” means accidental physical or bodily harm to the Insured Member excluding the reasons mentioned under the Exclusions below, which is solely and directly caused by external, violent, visible, and evident means, and is verified or certified by a valid medical professional (MBBS or equivalent degree holder).
“Accidental Hospitalization (including day-care treatment)” means hospitalization or treatment taken by the Insured Member in a registered day-care facility due to an Accidental Injury.
“Death” means the death of the Insured Member due to any natural reason except for the reasons under Exclusions below.
“Accidental Death” means the death of the Insured Member due to an Accident except due to any unlawful activity and due to the reasons mentioned under Exclusions below.
“Trauma” means acute stress disorder of the Insured Member induced by any violent or terrifying incident during the journey such as hijack, robbery, scam, accident, etc.
“COVID-19” means respiratory infection of the Insured Member due to the Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
“Insurance Partner” means third-party insurance company with applicable registration and license from the relevant authority in Bangladesh who is an independent contractor and not Flair Technologies or BDTickets.
Eligibility and Terms
A Death, Accidental Death, Accidental Hospitalization (including day-care treatment), Trauma, and COVID-19 coverage shall be applicable for the Insured Members who have been registered or enrolled under the group life insurance policy through this digital insurance subscription (the Service) while booking a bus/air/launch ticket from BDTickets website/mobile application. Only the Insured Members shall be under the insurance coverage while in transit with a valid bus/air/launch ticket booking from BDTickets with certain provisions, and limitations as per the following:
- Insured Member must be within the age of 6 years and 65 years at the time of enrollment. If an Insured Member is aged below 18 (eighteen years) at the time of enrollment then a parent must accompany him/her during the travel with a separate insurance subscription for the parent.
- Insurance coverage shall be applicable for traveling within the territory of Bangladesh only.
- Coverage for Death is 7 (seven) days from the date of journey. All other insurance coverage is applicable for the journey duration, starting from the departure till arrival. However, COVID-19 is covered if the diagnosis is confirmed within 7 (seven) days from the date of journey.
Insurance Benefit Schedule
The Insured Member or the legal nominee (in applicable cases) of the Insured Member shall be able to claim the insurance benefits in case of a covered event as per the following table:
|Type of Coverage||Sum Assured/Coverage Amount (BDT)|
|Accidental Death||BDT. 100,000|
|Accidental Hospitalization (including day-care treatment)||Up to BDT. 25,000|
The following exclusions shall be applicable for the insurance coverage:
- Any pre-existing conditions.
- Any mental, emotional, and psychiatric disorders excluding acute stress disorder due to any violent or terrifying incident during the journey.
- Any condition due to consuming addictive substances.
- The condition of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), or any AIDS related illness or HIV virus and sexually transmitted diseases.
Specific Exclusions for Accidental Death:
1. Death caused by self-inflicted injury or the commission of or attempted commission of an assault or any unlawful act, or being engaged in any illegal activity or felony;
2. Suicide while sane or insane;
Specific Exclusions for Accidental Hospitalization (including Day-Care Treatment):
1. Accidents due to any unlawful activities or due to use of addictive substances by the Insured Member.
Special Provisions for Accidental Hospitalization (Including Day-Care Treatment)
Accidental Hospitalization (including day-care treatment) can be further classified under 6 (six) different categories with corresponding benefits as per the following table:
|Types of Accidental Injury||Description of Accidental Injury due to Accident||Sum Assured /Coverage Amount (BDT)|
|Head Injuries||Severe collision impacts can cause a closed head injury. In that situation, the fluid and tissue inside the skull are damaged because of the sudden movement or impact of the head. Less severe closed head injuries often result in concussions, while the most severe impacts can cause brain damage. Major types of head injuries include Hematoma, Hemorrhage, Concussion, Edema, Skull fracture, Diffuse axonal injury etc.||BDT. 25,000.00|
|2nd& 3rd Degree Burn||Second-degree (partial thickness) burns. Second-degree burns involve the epidermis and part of the lower layer of skin, the dermis. The burn site looks red, blistered, and may be swollen and painful. Third-degree (full thickness) burns. Third-degree burns destroy the epidermis and dermis. They may go into the innermost layer of skin, the subcutaneous tissue. The burn site may look white or blackened and charred.||BDT. 18,750.00|
|Chest Injury, Internal Injury||These injuries can be more severe such as broken ribs or internal injuries such as internal bleedings. Blunt trauma occurs when a part of the body collides with something else, particularly at high speed or with great force. When this happens, blood vessels inside the body can be crushed or torn. Penetrating trauma occurs when an object penetrates the body and tears holes in blood vessels, muscle and internal organs. This can happen when someone falls onto a sharp object, as in workplace accidents, or when objects collide with and penetrate the body in motor vehicle accidents.||BDT. 12,500.00|
|Drowning||Travelers may experience respiratory impairment from submersion/immersion in water or any other liquid due an accident while traveling.||BDT. 10,000.00|
|Fractures, Dislocation, Dismemberment, Amputation||A fracture is a break, usually in a bone. If the broken bone punctures the skin, it is called an open or compound fracture. A dislocation is an injury to a joint — a place where two or more bones come together — in which the ends of the bones are forced from their normal positions. Dismemberment or amputation is a cut off or disjoin of a limb or a part of a limb.||BDT. 6,250.00|
|Scrape and Cut, Abrasions, Soft Tissue Injury, 1st Degree Burn||Cuts and scratches are areas of damage on the surface of the skin. A cut is a line of damage that can go through the skin and into the muscle tissues below, whereas a scrape is surface damage that does not penetrate the lower tissues. A soft tissue injury is damage to the body’s connective tissue, which means muscles, ligaments and tendons. An abrasion or “excoriation” is a wearing away of the upper layer of skin as a result of applied friction force. First-degree burns affect only the outer layer of skin, the epidermis.||BDT. 2,500.00|
The claimant must provide the below mentioned documents in digital formats in order to submit a claim:
Copy of NID/Passport/Birth Certificate
Death Certificate from the last attending physician/clinic/hospital mentioning the actual cause of death
For Accidental Deaths
- Copy of NID/Passport/Birth Certificate
- Death Certificate from the last attending physician/clinic/hospital mentioning the actual cause of death
- Post-mortem report
Copy of NID/Passport/Birth Certificate
Doctor’s prescription/emergency ticket
All medical bills
Copy of first incident report (FIR) from the local law enforcement authority
For Accidental Hospitalization (including day-care treatment)
- Copy of NID/Passport/Birth Certificate
- Doctor’s prescription/emergency ticket
- Doctor’s Advice for hospitalization (in applicable cases)
- Discharge Certificate (in applicable cases)
- All medical bills
- All diagnostic test reports such as X-Ray, City Scan, MRI or such relevant reports
- Any other supporting documents (if required)
- Copy of NID/Passport/Birth Certificate
Doctor’s advice for COVID-19 Test (RT-PCR or government approved COVID-19 Test)
COVID-19 Test Report stating “Positive” results
Screenshot of SMS from government authority stating the test result with Patient Name
Claim Decision, and Settlement
All claims are subject to verification by Insurance Partner and Insurance Partner reserves the right to reject any claim if it is deemed invalid/inappropriate or not applicable under insurance coverage.
Successful claims for insurance coverage shall be settled via bank account or mobile financial service within ten (10) working days after receiving all necessary documents from the Insured Member or legal nominee of the Insured Member (in applicable cases).
- The agreement between you and Flair Technologies Limited as created hereby shall commence on the date you accept these Terms and shall continue in effect for as long as your authorized use of the Service continues. The Service will commence once you have accepted these Terms.
- Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we hereby grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access our Service and use our Service solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
- You agree that all information you provide in relation to obtaining the Service is true, accurate, current and complete, and you agree to maintain and promptly update such information, as and when necessary, to keep it current. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate the Service. Our use of any information you provide to us hereunder is governed by the terms of our Privacy Statement, which is incorporated by this reference into these Terms.
- You agree that you will not at any time attempt to: (a) interfere with or disrupt the functioning of the Service in any manner, including the functioning of any software, hardware, network or server connected to the Service, and the autonomy of any third party service provider; (b) distribute or transfer in any manner the Service or any part of the Service to any third party; (c) copy or modify the Service or any part of the Service for any purpose whatsoever; (d) reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on any part of the Service for any purpose, commercial or otherwise; or (e) or otherwise use the Service in any manner that is inconsistent with these Terms or the spirit of these Terms. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to deny and/or withdraw use of the Service to anyone for any reason whatsoever at any time and without any prior notice.
OBLIGATION OF BIMAFY
Bimafy shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with technical support, logistics support, and updates for the Service in accordance with its regular business practice and will provide the Service in a professional manner.
Before using our service, you must acknowledge and agree to the following:
- Our Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Your access to or use of our Service is voluntary and at your sole discretion and risk. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, we do not make any express or implied warranties, representations and/or endorsements of any kind (including, without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement, or any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to our Service, or with respect to any information, product, service, merchandise or other material provided on or through our Service (including any insurance coverage or other services you may receive from our partners). Whilst we use reasonable endeavors to engage with reputable Insurance Partners, we do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, reliability, timeliness or usefulness of our Service. We do not warrant that the Service will function or will be available without delays, disruptions, interferences, imperfections, or any adverse incident.
- To the maximum extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all liability and responsibility in relation to any and all 3rd Party Features that may be provided or offered to you or that may become available to you through the Service in any way.
- You must agree and accept that the Service provided by Bimafy includes an insurance coverage and related benefits which are provided by third-party insurance provider(s) (“Insurance Partners”). Insurance payments relating to the coverage is subject to decision of such Insurance Partners.
- In no event and under no circumstances shall Bimafy be liable to BDTickets or you for any (i) loss of profits, opportunity, contracts or goodwill (in each case whether arising in the normal course of events and/or the possibility of such loss was known to Bimafy); or (ii) indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses or damages suffered or incurred by BDTickets or you in any way.
- BDTickets and you shall defend, indemnify and hold Bimafy harmless in full against all direct, indirect or consequential liability, loss, damage, injury, costs and expenses (including regulatory fines and legal and other professional fees and expenses) awarded against or incurred or paid by Bimafy as a result of or in connection with: (i) breach of any provision of this Agreement (ii) any claim made against Flair Technologies by any customers and/or platform users or any third party in relation to (a) performance or non-performance of this Agreement by BDTickets, (b) any statement made by BDTickets in relation to the services, which was not expressly authorized by Bimafy in advance in writing.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event will Bimafy, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, and/or suppliers, and/or the officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and/or any other mobile service provider, through whom Bimafy provides the Service, be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary, incidental, special or consequential damages, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, or the use of, or the inability to use, our Service, including, without limitation, any information made available through our Service or any services performed by any Providers you connect with via our Service (including claims of medical malpractice or negligence), even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If you are dissatisfied with any of our materials, products, or services, or with any of the terms and conditions of these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Service.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Bimafy, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, suppliers, and/or the officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents of each, and/or any other service providers, through whom Bimafy provides the Service, from and against any and all third-party claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses and fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from your use of our Service, your violation of these Terms, or your violation of any rights of any other person or entity or for any harm or loss suffered due to negligent or improper advice provided by the Provider. We reserve the right to control the defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification, and you agree to provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Bimafy shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of the Service for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to power supply, failures of electronic communications, acts of God, war, flood, political unrest, riots, strikes or labor disputes, embargoes, government orders, unavailability, non-renewal, withdrawal or revocation of any required legal or regulatory permits, approvals or the like, or any other event which is beyond the reasonable control of Bimafy.
Before using this Service, you must acknowledge and agree that BDTickets will share certain information regarding you and your transaction with BDTickets with Bimafy. Any personal and/or transaction information obtained by Bimafy as part of providing the Service to you and any use of the same will be treated in accordance with our separate Privacy Statement as mentioned under https://bimafy/privacy-policy
These Terms together with the Privacy Statement constitute the entire and final agreement between you and Bimafy and govern your access to and use of our Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Bimafy with respect to the subject matter hereof, whether written or oral. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. You may neither assign any of your rights nor sub-contract any of your obligations under these Terms, and any such attempt will be null and void.
The validity, interpretation, construction and performance of these Terms will be governed by the laws of Bangladesh. Any dispute arising under or relating to these Terms will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration in accordance with the Bangladesh Arbitration Act, 2001. The parties agree to the personal and subject matter jurisdiction and venue of the arbitration located in Dhaka, Bangladesh for any action related to these Terms. Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right. If any provision is found to be invalid, the parties agree that they will submit to the court to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect. You have no authority to act on behalf of or bind Bimafy in any manner whatsoever.
You agree to the use of electronic documents and records in connection with future transactions and communications involving our Service. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Any translation of the Terms from English into another language are made solely for your convenience. In the event of discrepancies between different language versions, the English version shall prevail.
Any and all provisions of these Terms that would reasonably be expected to be performed after the termination of these Terms shall survive and be enforceable after such termination, including, without limitation, provisions relating to ownership, indemnification, limitation of liability, and governing law.